13 Useful Tips How You Can Reduce Plastic Right Now
Avoid or reduce plastic here are useful tips
We all should avoid and reduce plastic waste As a vegan, we are usually not only animal lover, but also interested in the environment and nature.
If you refrain from using animal products in your diet, you also may do so for the sake of avoiding animal suffering and harming the environment less. However, vegans are also dealing with an environmentally harmful problem in our society – the production of waste, especially plastic.
How plastic gets into nature and who gets damaged by plastic waste is not always obvious. But one thing is certain: the problematic plastic cycle begins with us humans. we need to reduce plastic.
Carelessly thrown into nature large plastic parts are flushed into rivers and get into the sea. Tiny small plastic particles from detergents, cosmetics and industry reach our rivers and seas, since sewage treatment plants can not filter them out. In the sea, the small plastic particles bind pollutants and are filtered out of the water by shells or algae. These land directly on our plate.
If you value a healthy and sustainable diet, you can not close your eyes to the plastic problem. In addition, micro plastics made from synthetic garments can also be absorbed through the skin or delivered directly to food packaged in plastic. The result is that we humans take in tiny plastic particles that can harm the body.
But even though plastic is almost everywhere these days, there are more and more ways to avoid and reduce plastic.
All types of plastic are a risk to our health and the environment. Conventional plastic is not biodegradable and can remain in the environment for centuries. The huge amounts of plastic in the sea prove it tragically.
Each of us is constantly in contact with plastic. If we learn to be conscious about, much of the plastic we use can be avoided. There are many things that are used in everyday life, where we are not aware of the plastic part.
Avoiding plastic is not an easy job. We should really make sure to avoid and reduce plastic
13 Useful Tips How You Can Reduce Plastic Right Now
Reduce Plastic and avoid it in everyday life:
Plastic bags and plastic bottles: Leave the plastic in the store! Here are tips for plastic reduction when shopping.
1.Shopping:Take big shopping bags , cotton vegetable nets and 1-2 snack boxes with you. Also containers such as jars.Buy unpackaged! Good sources of open food are farmers markets, health food stores, bulk store.
Glass instead of plastic! For drinks, it is relatively easy to dispense with plastic containers: Buy beer, juice & wine ideally in reusable or returnable bottles.
Also things like ketchup, mustard, agave syrup, spreads, pickled legumes, vegetable broth, soy sauce, vinegar, oil, chocolate cream, tomato sauce, applesauce and compote you can buy in screw jars.
Some of this things are reusable like the empty screw jars are perfect for storing leftover food or for homemade delicacies such as pesto, jam and more.
Buy paper packaged rice, pasta, flakes, sugar & Co. you usually have the choice and can easily find this thing in paper packs.
Do it yourself or cook! Avoid finished products as much as possible Use fresh instead of frozen vegetables.Make dairy-free milk drinks yourself,
2.Plastic kettle: By heating, plasticizers and other substances dissolve much faster and thus get into the water. Buy glass or stainless steel.
3. Finished meals should not be heated in plastic wraps. Here, too, harmful substances can enter the food. Some delivery services are already using plastic-free packaging. Best is to avoid processed food.
4.Plastic foil and plastic bags: use glass containers, sandwich paper , for the cover of bowls or plates are alternatives to plastic.
5.Food in tin cans: Many preserves are internally coated with plastic , a health-endangering additive. If the can is damaged, aluminum components can enter the food, which is also harmful to health. Cooking and the use of mason jars is an easy and cheap alternative.
6. Styrofoam: Some foods are packed in styrofoam trays, like Sprouts or packaged fruit. Also some coffee cups or soup cups to take out are made of this material. Heating can release toxic gases, so this material should be avoided.
7. Some non-stick cookware contains a layer of plastic to help prevent food from sticking. This anti-adhesion coating often dissolves after repeated use and thus gets into the food. Alternatives are uncoated pans and pots made of stainless steel or ceramic coatings or cast iron
8. Micro plastic in cosmetics: Any cosmetics containing polyethylene should be avoided.
9. Chewing gums are made of plastic and should be avoided, but luckily there are natural alternatives.
10. Water cans like water dispensers in offices. These are easy to replace with glass canisters.
11. Baby bottles and children ‘s toys should be plastic – free.
12. Plastic shoes: These may contain organotin compounds. The tiny amount of highly toxic tributyltin (TBT) that is found in some flip flops damages the immune and endocrine systems.
13. Clothes made of plastic, such as polyester, poly acrylic or fleece. Simply by washing a fleece pullover, up to 2,000 micro plastic fibers enter the wastewater.
Reduce Plastic – is a plastic-free life possible?
As you realize, it is not so easy to live plastic-free in the plastic age. Our society has become accustomed to the benefits of plastic consumption, unfortunately too often forgetting the disadvantages and risks of plastic. But if you made it to this article, you are one of those who are aware of the danger and want to avoid and reduce plastic. Zero Waste is a smart lifestyle. Just put these tips for everyday life without plastic to work. Just tell others and make them aware about “How You Can Reduce Plastic Right Now”. Together we can make a difference!